News By Clash Royal 2016-09-17 10:49:24
Note: These changes are not live yet! They’re coming on 9/19.
The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting and looking at the stats – in particular, card use rates and win rates. You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.
In this round of balance changes we’re taking a look at a few underused : , , – and some other nice little tweaks!
: Damage decreased by 5%
- The will still hit hard after this change – he has really big fists after all – we just wanted to take a little bit of power from his offensive capabilities, as his main role is to soak up damage.
: cost decreased to 2 (from 3), effect decreased to 30% (from 40%), duration decreased by 2sec
- The spell hasn’t seen much usage and is in need of a bigger change, especially with the introduction of the ’s “free” . Decreasing the cost to 2 should make a really viable and exciting combo card!
: effect decreased to 30% (from 40%), duration decreased by 2sec
- For consistency with the spell changes above.
: Mirrors 1 level higher than its own level
- We love the surprise element brings and we’ve been having a blast playtesting this new version! At card levels, will bring a truly unique element to your deck, making your 1 level higher than the cap! Also, a max level will create max level +1 !
: Stuns targets for 0.5sec
- Due to ’s low use rate, and partly for consistency with Zap, we’re adding a brief stun effect to make it more unique and hopefully an interesting addition to some decks.
: Knocks back ALL ground troops
- This change will make feel like the Legendary Card it was born to be.
: Hitpoints decreased by 2%, Damage increased by 2%
- A small tweak to fix a couple of inconsistencies with card interactions at certain levels.