Gameplay By Clash Royal 2017-10-10 20:54:21
Touchdown is a game mode in Clash Royale which is currently only available to play in Challengeswith 2v2 and Draft rules.
- The main objective of Touchdown is to get any troop to the opposing side’s end zone.
- There are no Crown Towers in Touchdown; the only way to earn Crowns is by getting troops to the end zone of the enemy team.
- As in regular gameplay, the players that have the most Crowns at the end of a 3-minute period will be declared the winners. If both sides have an equal number of Crowns, an overtime period will last for 3 minutes or until one side earns a crown. The rules of Elixir generation are same as a regular 2v2 match, being doubled after two minutes.
- If one team earns 3 Crowns within the regular 3-minute period, the match ends immediately in their favor.
- Upon one side earning a Crown, the Arena resets; all troops and buildings will immediately destroy themselves.
- The deployment zone of most cards have been changed:
- Buildings, as well as most troops can only be placed behind the second white line which is roughly a quarter of the way between your end zone to the opponent’s end zone. The Miner can only be deployed up to the half-way line of the Arena.
- Most spells can still be deployed anywhere on the Arena; the only exceptions are The Log, Goblin Barrel and Graveyard, which can only be played up to the half-way line.
- When placing buildings in touchdown mode against a Lava Hound, you never want to place it at the very back. Once the Hound pops, one of the Lava Pups will be thrown into your end zone.
- Generally in Touchdown, some of the best cards to choose are the Golem and Hog Rider. The Golem has really high hitpoints and, as a bonus, two Golemites will spawn. The Hog Rider moves very fast, has good hitpoints, and can only be pulled by buildings, making these two cards really solid when playing Touchdown.
- For Touchdown, you’ll also want to choose area damage spells. Fireball and Rocket and really solid in taking out mid-tier troops like Three Musketeers since they don’t path into different lanes in Touchdown.
- Pressuring both sides of the field is key. Your opponents will have to address both threats making it harder for them to play offense themselves.
- You must never ignore any troops in Touchdown. There are no Crown Towers to take down any troop. Even a Skeleton that makes it to your end zone will earn your opponents a Crown.
- Some troop skins are changed, such as the Elite Barbarians.